Weekend Update with Kyler: 13 weeks and a cold

29 Apr

This post is long but is mostly pictures, just a FYI 🙂 This past week, Kyler experienced her first cold. And, she handled it like a champ! I have been sick for a good 2 weeks now and I passed it onto her 😦 She was really stuffed up and congested and ran a small fever but that part only lasted a day or two. The bulb aspirator was been our best friend this week.

Monday was such a nice day out that we decided to go for a walk when I got home. She had a good time riding around 🙂 That night she slept the entire night….but I knew better to not get excited. This is when her cold was setting in so she was trying to sleep it off.

She is getting good use out of her jumperoo and she can’t even jump in it yet!

Tuesday, we woke up sick. I was feeling worse and so was she. Thankfully, Tuesday’s are days with Grandma so that made me feel better. She slept the majority of the day and Dad was able to check on her at lunch time. I went home from work a little early because I got worse and worse as the day went on.

Lunch time with Dad. She loves to hang her tongue out.

Tuesday night was a bit rough….she was having a hard time sleeping because she was so congested. We were using the saline drops and the aspriator but she was still waking up every 10 minutes or so. Thanks to some advice from my boss Phil, Chris ran out to Wal-Mart grocery (nice to have on the corner) and bought some Vick’s Baby Rub. We rubbed it on her feet and put socks on and she was able to sleep until 5am.

Some of my daycare labels came in the mail. So far, they are awesome! I am still waiting on labels from one more company.

Wednesday was a game day for me and a daycare day for Kyler. I dropped her off at daycare around 11am and I decided to go to the doctor because I was about 99.9% sure I had a sinus infection. And…. I was right. Chris went golfing earlier that morning and was able to pick her up from daycare early. My doctor gave me antibiotics and I headed into work. By the end of the night, I had lost my voice and I was feeling not so good. Chris picked up a humdifier for her room to help with some of her stuffiness.

Chris ran into a big gator of the golf course…part of living in Florida!

I woke up Thursday and decided to stay home. Kyler still went to Grandma’s so I could sleep and try to get better. This is got to be one of the worst or longest sinus infections I have ever had.  On the plus side, Kyler was starting to feel better. No more fever and was just a tiny bit congested.

Miss Kyler was 3 months old on Thursday. I had to capture some pictures of course!

Friday was a normal day for us. Kyler went to daycare and we went to work.

Kyler heading to daycare!

On my way home, I called Chris and he had me on speaker. She was pretty interested in the phone!

She has been grabbing more things lately and likes to hang onto her shirt. We introduced a little security blanket someone gave us and she loves it!

Saturday was a pretty busy day for us! We got up early and cleaned up the house. Kyler played while we did that.

We ran to the mall for Macy’s friends and family. My parents met us up there and bought me a birthday present!!! I love my Michael Kors watches 🙂

Miss Kyler at the mall.

We had some friends over last night for game night/my birthday. It was lots of fun!

Kyler and her Aunt JJ

Kyler with Uncle Joe Joe

Kyler playing with her Fischer-Price apps on the iPad

Kenley came over too! First slumber party for the girls! They slept great considering how loud it got! They pretty much slept right through it!

The girls ❤ The boys were over too, just not in the picture.

Even the pups had a playdate! Carter and Stella came over to play. Poor Carter was tired by the end of the night!

We didn’t get to bed until about 1:30am which made for a fun morning today 🙂 Up at 6am and she finally got really fussy around 7am and wanted to be up and moving. We pretty much lounged around the house this morning and played.

Kyler holding her basketball.

Maggie is eyeing that ball.

We blew up her pool and hung out in there for a little bit.

Kyler with Mommy

Splish Splashin around

We dried off and went inside. I ran upstairs to change real quick and by the time I got back down to feed her, she was knocked out cold!

Earlier this evening, we went to the Food Truck Bazaar here in downtown Avalon Park.

Kenley and Kyler hung out while we ate. Kenley is so funny because all she wants to do is grab Kyler.

We are bathed, fed, and ready to bed! Time to start the week all over tomorrow. I have a pretty busy week ahead. Birthday is Tuesday, playoff game Wednesday, Tom Petty Thursday, and another playoff game Saturday. Go Magic!!!!!

One Response to “Weekend Update with Kyler: 13 weeks and a cold”

  1. Beth Sembler at 10:09 pm #

    I love reading your Blog every week. Not only does it help us get to know Kyler, but you will love to have this diary of her babyhood to look back on. It goes so quickly and believe it or not, you won’t remember most of these milestones. Have a good week and hope to see you later this week…Yippee…Tom Petty!

    Love you,


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: