A playroom for Kyler

4 Nov

I am happy to introduce Kyler’s new playroom!

We have been hard at work on this project for the past few months and it’s finally done! Kyler may be little but her toys were starting to take up a lot of room so we decided it was time to convert the upstairs loft into a playroom for her.

When we moved in, it was a big blank room.

We weren’t sure what to do with it so we threw all of our old family room furniture and decor in there. It looked good but we never used it!

When I pictured a kid’s playroom I immediately thought of bright, fun colors and lots of em’! I started looking around for ideas online and found a lot of great things. A friend recommended that I do one of those melted crayon art pieces that are all over Pinterest and I thought it would be fun and perfect for her room! It all started from there!

The room is definitely more suited for an older child but I wanted to create a space that she could grow into and use for many years to come.

Thank you so much to everyone that helped me with this (Mom, Kendra, Jenny) but mainly to my talented hubby Chris and my talented dad! They did a great job making the furniture!

Well, what do you think?

Advertisements

13 Responses to “A playroom for Kyler”

1. shannonsconnell November 4, 2012 at 11:26 pm #

I love it!!! The room looks awesome!

2. Courtney November 5, 2012 at 8:15 am #

I love it!!! It looks beautiful Michelle! You are so talented! Miller would LOVE the room right now!!! Smart planning it out for a bit older because you’ll blink and she will be, sad but true! Great job!

• Sue Butcher November 5, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

Incredible. Excellent choices of pictures to reveal your family’s hard work! Kyler is never too young for this wonderful adventure of color, words, clocks, maps, books, and warm sunlight. Put this completion on your “resume” : ) Job well done!

• mdrabyk501 November 9, 2012 at 12:12 am #

Thanks Court. Miller is welcome anytime!

3. Andrea Kruse Rideout November 5, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

It is awesome! Love all the bright colors!

4. Marilyn Drabyk Finney November 7, 2012 at 1:11 am #

Michelle, the room is awesome! Well done! I have two small suggestions. 1. Put her full name on the wall somewhere so she identifies with it. 2. The world map is terrific and I can see such potential for it! How about some small flags or tags identifiying where Kyler lives, Miller is, and Matty is now? A great opportunity for a social studies/geography foundation! Or perhaps, a “big trip” tracking with pins and strings (Orlando to Pennsylvania/2012?)

5. Jenna November 25, 2013 at 9:58 am #

Hi I really love your ideas for this playroom, especially the lines from Ikea. If you wouldn’t mind, what type of clips did you end up getting to hang the ABC flashcards and the childrens art up with as I am having a hard time getting something to work?

Thanks!

• ThisGreyHouse November 27, 2013 at 8:21 pm #

Those are the clips from Ikea as well! They are right next to the line and are only a few dollars!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks