A Mermaid Tale: 2nd Birthday Party

31 Jan

Kyler picked a mermaid theme for her 2nd birthday. At first, I wasn’t sure since it can be similar to a nautical theme and if you recall, we did that last year. But if that is what she wants, that is what she gets 🙂

Entrance

Fish Net/Balloons/Paper Lanterns/Seaweed Streamers

Gift Area

Anywhere Chair/Streamers/Pearl Beads

Decorations

Wrapping paper/Cricut cut-outs

Jelly Fish Lanterns (tutorial here)/Paper Mache letters/Conch shells from our trip to Turks and Caicos/Borrowed Starfish

Apothecary jar with sand, letter, starfish and shells

Fishbowl vase with sand and shells

Cricut cut-outs

Flowers in mason jar wrapped in burlap with shells glued to it

Outside

Decorate your own treasure chest with markers and foam stickers

After you decorate, fill up your chest for a take home favor!

Food Table

Crab legs- carrot sticks/Sea Cucumbers- cucumbers with ranch dip

Seaweed Dip- Spinach dip

Lemonade (tinted with Powerade Berry drops) & Fruit Punch (White Cran Strawberry Juice, Club Soda, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Grenadine, and fresh fruit)

Seashell Pasta- Pasta Salad

Sushi Rolls- Pinwheels and Pizza Roll-Ups from Publix

Dessert Table

Cardboard cutout wrapped in burlap with shells, flowers, and pearls

Cupcakes by Sweet by Good Golly Miss Holly

Cookies made by me 🙂

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!!!

6 Responses to “A Mermaid Tale: 2nd Birthday Party”

1. Kendra G. January 31, 2014 at 3:54 pm #

I still love the jellyfish! Adorbs!

2. chantelledoll January 31, 2014 at 5:21 pm #

Beautiful! I was going to comment on the jellyfish too – they are beyond adorable.

3. brookelyne87 January 31, 2014 at 11:24 pm #

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you are the best party planner/organizer/decorator I’ve ever had the pleasure of talking to. Ever!! I absolutely LOVE this party and cannot imagine the time it must have taken you to make every single thing so perfectly beautiful. I am really hoping my daughter will want this for her fourth birthday just so I can use this as an example. Soooo beautiful, fantastic job mama!!

4. Lauren @ My Slice of Life February 1, 2014 at 9:36 am #

Wow!!! What an awesome party! I love all the details (the jellyfish are too cute!) and the food looks delish! The treasure chest decorating is perfect! Great job all around!

5. Amy | The Happy Scraps May 27, 2014 at 11:30 am #

Oh my goodness! What an adorable birthday party! I love all the little details, you didn’t miss a thing! I bet she loved her birthday. Thank you for sharing at The Creative Exchange!

• ThisGreyHouse May 27, 2014 at 8:23 pm #

Thank you Amy 🙂 She did lover her birthday, it was Mermaids in the house for a good month haha