A Tiny Traveler: Hudson’s Nursery!

18 Mar

For Hudson’s Nursery, I went with a “Tiny Travelers” theme. I opted for the more rustic and worn look and I am absolutely in LOVE with how it turned out!

Now, how did we get here?

Way back when we moved into the house, his room looked like this:

For the past 2 years, his room aka storage room has looked like different stages of this:

Once we got started on the plank wall (more details to come on that in a couple days), the room quickly evolved into the photos above.

Chris made this matching shelf. Love!

Globe piggy bank, mod-podge map letters, and some safari animals

and this matching map artwork for over his dresser!

Left over planks + AWESOME map from lulukuku designs

Borrowing some friends from his Big Sister

Well folks, there it is 🙂 After he arrives, I will put in the finishing touches like photos and his birth stats but you get the idea 🙂

It all started from this mood board a year ago 🙂

Here is a list of some of things you can find in his room!

Map on wooden planks (Tell her This Grey House sent you!): Lulukuku Designs
Burlap Pillow: Vintage Biplane from PolkaDot Apple
Crib Rail, Sheet and Changing Pad: Rocky Top Design
Crib Skirt: Prescott at Pottery Barn Kids
Curtains: Ikat Key in Horseradish  fromWest Elm
Curtain Rod Ends: Gold Rock Finials from Land of Nod
Both lamps: Target
Zebra Head: A hidden gem at Home Goods!
Picture Frames: Most of theme came from TJMaxx
Globe Bank: Home Goods
Random Trinkets: Hobby Lobby, Amazon, gifts, Home Goods

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Advertisements

8 Responses to “A Tiny Traveler: Hudson’s Nursery!”

1. Angie March 18, 2014 at 7:49 pm #

LOVE IT! Congrats! Please share how you did your letters…. where you got them.

2. Angie March 18, 2014 at 8:21 pm #

Love it! Congrats! Please share where you got it how you did the map letters. Thanks. Blessings!

• ThisGreyHouse March 19, 2014 at 12:39 pm #

Just pick up some paper mache letters from your local craft store and your favorite paper (scrapbook, wrapping, etc). Put your letter on top of the paper and trace it out. Once you cut the paper out, mod-podge it to the paper mache letter! That simple! For the map letters, I opted to cut up an old Rand McNally Road Map I had lying around the house!

3. Lucie and Temple March 24, 2014 at 11:49 am #

You’ve done it again – another beautiful room! For any of your readers interested in the world map decal, here’s a coupon code for 10% off that map at Lulukuku on Etsy: THANKS10. Thanks again – we love the way it turned out!! Lucie http://www.lulukuku.etsy.com

• ThisGreyHouse March 31, 2014 at 1:23 pm #

Thanks Lucie for everything! You guys are awesome!

4. ashley March 31, 2014 at 12:32 pm #

super cute room! i’m thinking of using those same finials in a nursery I’m designing, but wondered if you used the land of nod curtain rod with them, or what you used?
    thanks!

• ThisGreyHouse March 31, 2014 at 1:23 pm #

Thank you! I did not use one…. I think we used one from Target. I will say my husband had a hard time getting one side to fit but we managed! Good Luck!

5. alongcameollie April 4, 2014 at 4:27 pm #

Darling! Hudson is a lucky boy!